Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

on being thankful

Mom is continuing to recover from surgery at home and healing as she should - no complications so far. She's got food coming from friends and both of my uncles. Her best friend has been coming over to walk the dogs and change her bandages. Thankfully, she's being taken care of by folks who live close by and have time on their hands to be there.

All she wants for Thanksgiving is sleep and the freedom of spending the day in her jammies. No doubt my Uncle Ron will bring her leftovers from his wife's family gathering. My brother will be having his traditional gathering with his wifes's family.

I can't get Mr. Grumpy to commit to doing anything on Thanksgiving yet and by the time he's ready to, it will no doubt be too late. I am NOT going anywhere without giving hosts warning enough to plan for two more people and without contributing something. We have offers for joining in on Thanksgiving dinners with friends but I think he'd rather stay home and watch DVD's. I think he has lingering trauma from last year's holiday. Not that he'd admit that. I don't blame him. It was really hard on all of us last year.

We certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year - our continuing health and recovery. The health and recovery of those around us. And now employment with insurance benefits!

No comments: