Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I freaked myself out yesterday.

Sitting at my part time freelance gig on Monday morning, I had what I believe was an extreme
drop in blood sugar while sitting at the desk. My vision was going white to the extent that it was difficult if not impossible to work. Very sparkly looking at the monitor. I asked the guys if there was a snack machine anywhere nearby. One of the partners said the other kept a stash of snacks in his desk. I responded that I didn't want to empty anyone's snacks - I just needed something to eat ASAP. He looked at me, walked in back, then the other partner came up to me with three different boxes on snacks. They both told me I was "white as a sheet". I have no idea what brought that on so dramatically but half an hour or more after eating I was mostly fine and cheerily plugging away at whatever projects they tossed at me but I'm still kinda wigged out about it... I feel as if I'm delicate now to the point that I want to keep treats around with me now.

No comments: