Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2015

Another day when everything is broken

I have been on the phone all day with various tech support from my website hosting service and Time Warner Cable.  MonsterMustDie is mad at me every time I try to move or set up anything here. I put a couple of stereo components on the cart purchased for the TV and cable modem, carefully as I could, and he blew up over the possibility of me scratching the finish, exclaiming “Oh, I'll just buy ANOTHER one!” 

I got a phone call from my mother between tech calls to tell me she is back in the hospital again in  Urgent Care.  She is having fainting spells because of her anemia. She stopped taking her blood medication, despite her doctor saying she should stay on it, because of the blood clots she developed. She is still on blood thinners for the clots. My guess is she will stay on blood thinners from now on. She is also actively having dialysis three times a week now. All of this has left her very weak. This time EMCs had to break down her door to get her out. 

The mother of my nephew’s girlfriend is in the same hospital now in ICU in a medically induced coma for a mystery illness. She is in the same building, on a different floor from my mother. This came out of the blue, from what I am told, to a presumably very healthy middle-aged woman.  

No comments: