Search This Blog

Friday, January 02, 2015

Happy F**king New Year

I bought flowers that I have arranged in a large Tiki mug on the living room table. Before the move, I had two nice glass vases that friends had gifted me at different times years ago but the box those should be packed in is MIA, probably gone forever like so many casualties of the relocation. Still, the Tiki vase looks rather festive IMHO. The battery charger for my camera is still missing as well. I suppose I am, temporarily, no longer a photographer. I have a non-working camera, no tripod, and no place to set up for a photo. It is the creeping entropy I live in.

At least, there are flowers on the table now.

Yesterday, MonsterMustDie killed an electrical outlet in the livingroom he was trying to replace with a better looking fixture. One more thing not working in the house. Fortunately, there are other outlets nearby and the livingroom is not an area we will spend any time in anyway. 

My mother is still in the hospital. She had surgery to have the port inserted for dialysis because her kidneys are functioning at only 7 percent. She also now has a bladder infection that they are treating with antibiotics. She has had a lot more visitors in the hospital and that has raised her spirits considerably. Yesterday, my youngest uncle and his wife & daughter came to visit. Then Charlotte, who she used to work with at the courthouse, came by for a visit so she has not been lonely.

No comments: