Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

in gratitude

My mother is out of the hospital now and back to her normal routines. My sister-in-law and uncle did a great job, I am told, cleaning and organizing her entire home. All clothes were washed, folded or hung, and organized in her closets and dressers. Beds were made. Everything in the kitchen was cleaned and put away. Both refrigerator-freezers were completely cleaned out, washed out, and slightly restocked. Her rugs were professionally steam cleaned. Only one rug, in the office, had to be thrown away because it was too far gone. Her floors were cleaned. The door that had to be broken into was replaced. Now, I hope things stay a bit in order for as long as possible. It took her completely losing control for a while for things to get better.

I still don't know what became of the mother of my nephew's girlfriend but I assume that nothing has gone further downhill since no one has said anything about it to me.


No comments: