Search This Blog

Thursday, November 03, 2011

looking for signs of life

Wednesday was a near total loss. I got one email with changes on a freelance job that took me an hour a that I am only making $25 on. I could not get motivated to shower or dress until I sent the last email at 5p.m., when I looked at the time and realized that I had missed going to the post office before closing.

The bright spot of the day was dinner in good company with the GilliMonster and Kisa_Bastet at Moshe in Dunwoody. The food was good. The service, not so much, but there were only two guys working - one waiting tables and one in the kitchen. I had to send my first glass of wine back because it was apparently already half way to being vinegar but he apologized and opened a new bottle for a fresh pour, which was good. The girls liked their salad sampler plates and fresh pita bread. I had the mediterranean tilapia, which was zingy with lots of lemon, capers, and garlic.

I went for a walk around the neighborhood when I first arrived home but didn't sleep well after eating so late with little activity afterwards. It was a fitful night that I kept getting up, but didn't have much to do that would not wake up a sleeping room mate. So I'd get up, have a glass of water, decide not to turn on the computer, and go back to bed for another hour.

Tonight's plan is dinner out with friends again and now I am thinking I need to find something to do afterwards. Pondering what possibilities there might be after 9p.m.

No comments: