Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

Post-Thankgiving Friday

I don't do Black Friday sales I still ended up on the road most of today with the lot of shoppers.

Funny how some folks bear such a striking resemblance to each other that it makes you look twice. I saw someone who looked so much like a friend of mine today at the veterinary office when I took my cat in for her pedicure (clipping - not declawing) that I feel I must check in with them to see how they are doing. The person was an alternate universe rendition of someone I know down to the casual outfit that looked like he was out in his plaid pajamas and slippers taking a dog in early this morning.

Today was the trip to Pell City, Alabama to visit MonsterMustDie's mother, with stops at various antique malls on the way. He made one find that might pay for the gas there and back today. His mother was in good spirits and seemed well, despite the Alzheimer's disease that is slowly causing her disintegration. We went out to lunch, looked at old photos, and went over the relics in his mother's house including a childhood toy chimp, in great condition, dressed in a red jumper that was his as an infant.

Today, I have a worrisome sensitive tooth that I hope is nothing more than a bit of tenderness brought on possibly by grinding my teeth at night. I've got a call in to my dentist, just in case. Hoping it disappears by morning, especially because I am joining friends for a chick-night gathering for the Holiday Lights at the Botanical gardens.



"Monkey" chimp doll

No comments: