Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day

Snow is an uncommon thing here in the Atlanta area. Maybe it will snow here once a year or every two years. It started snowing, as predicted, yesterday afternoon. MonsterMustDie left work around noon and even stopped to pick up coffee, bottled water, beer, etc. on the way home and got in before traffic and ice got very bad here. Today, the city is shut down. All of the snow that fell yesterday refroze to a nice slick sheet of ice on the roads overnight and a lot of people with long commutes home from work had to spend the night in their cars or had to abandon their cars and walk home or to hotels, etc.

Two things I wish I'd done on Monday -
Lacking adequate enthusiasm, I did not opt to stop by the grocery on my way home Monday night to pick up bird seed. I had refilled the feeders just a couple of days ago and now they sit completely empty.
I also wish I had, before leaving the house, pulled out my rope lights and un-twisted them and laid them out in the fun patterns I wanted to have under the snow and ice. Once the snow started falling, it was too cold and thus not enough time to do what I could have with the lights. I still put them out after wondering if I should or not and it looks fun but I know how much more I could have done. Next time, perhaps.





No comments: