Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

This has been a lousy day.

After no phone service yesterday, I have my phone back today, for now. Yesterday, I had no bars of service all day. My service had started to fail Wednesday, dropping calls I was on.

Got an appallingly discouraging letter of rejection from another company insisting my education was not up to their requirements.

Just got a call from my uncle as I was headed home from a job interview in the afternoon. My mother had scheduled eye surgery today and didn't do well coming out of recovery. They could not get her blood oxygen level up without giving her oxygen. She also has serious fluid retention issues. So they're keeping her in the hospital overnight until they see what's going on.
I phoned MonsterMust Die with the news and waited for him to go with me to visit her in the hospital after they got her in a room. Her cell phone battery was dead so I took my extra cable and outlet adaptor to her.
We returned home around 10pm tonight from visiting her in the hospital. My brother and sister-in-law were there as well. I think she was in good spirits as we left. Unless there is an unexpected drug reaction from what they are giving her in the hospital, I believe she will look and feel much better tomorrow.

No comments: